top navigation

Natural Hair: Possible Big Chop

Most of my life I've alternated between natural hair & relaxed hair. When I was 17 years old, I experienced some of the worst breakage in my life. I had to shave my hair so low that I grew an inhuman insecurity. Within a few months, that insecurity turned into self confidence. While every girl was wearing long weaves, I had short hair that had different designs cut into it and I even dyed it a few times. When I stopped playing with my hair, it was breast length. I graduated high school with long luscious hair and I was proud of it, so I stopped relaxing, cutting, and coloring my hair all together. My entire first year of college consisted of me buying and creating my own wigs.

2 years later and my hair has broken off again. Can you guess why? A frickin' relaxer gone wrong. I should just stick to getting my hair done professionally but I'm too impatient. Actually... my impatience is probably why my hair broke off. When I do box relaxers and the indicator still shines pink after 4-5 washes, I just move on. So my hair is pretty long in the front and short from the crown back. It looks gross.

I've decided that with this strange occurrence of the hair breakage... I could just get a pixie cut! Right? I honestly think I'm gonna go ahead and get a short pixie cut, dye my hair a honey blonde and then... who knows - this might be the beginning of a natural hair journey. I wanna play with my hair a little before I fully commit to hair care routine.

I'll be sure to keep you guys updated. I'm still in an rut of uncertainty.

[Random Thoughts @ Night]

- Carmen 

No comments:

Post a Comment