top navigation

Life Goes On + E3 Thoughts

It feels as if the past week completely flew over my head. Somehow, I survived partying, a work week, E3 & Father's Day without a scratch. I have no clue how I made it. Half of the time I, literally, had no clue what day it was! Alas, here I am on a Tuesday morning; fully convinced that today is Monday. My life is probably too hectic for my own good.

With that being said, I guess I need to catch up. It's only fair.

Let's just rewind right to E3:

Honestly speaking, I was disappointed by the overall event. *Gasp* "WHAT?! How could you say such a thing?" Yea, well here's the thing - as a gamer, when I watch E3 I wanna see more than just games & systems; I want cool ass presentations too. This event felt pretty underwelming to me. Obviously, Microsoft was the worst presentation but was Sony's that much better? No. The only thing that made Sony's presentation of the PS4 better is the fact that they made a ballsy move & decided to take direct shots a Microsoft. With all the Xbox vs. PS4 drama and memes floating around the interwebz, people forgot about Nintendo's WiiU & 3DS line up. Granted, that wasn't incredibly better either. So we have the Xbox One, PS4, and WiiU as our new gen systems.

Let's start with Xbox One. This is a system that, in my opinion, is a little before it's time. Everyone is complaining about how it's always online & the limitation on used games, right? Well consider this: Do you remember when all cable went digital a few years back & they announced that if you don't have a cable provider, you wont be able to watch TV? I do. I remember being so broke that the only shows I watched were on FOX because my family didn't have cable, we just had a TV with 2 antenna's on top and just like they said on the news; one day I turned my TV on & it was nothing but static until we got DirectTV. This is the same. We live in a digital age and within a short period of time, we won't be able to live with the internet. Our TV's, cellphones, computers, iPad's, tablets, and everything else are connected to the internet all the time - what makes you think this internet invasion won't spread to our game systems? It's very likey, but I think Microsoft may have jumped the gun; they probably should've waited until the next generation (another 3-6 years) when people could easily adapt to the idea.

This same idea holds strong for their used game policy. They're trying to do what Netflix did to Blockbuster's. Despite the fact that we're talking about games, in the end this is still a business. With most people waiting to play games until it's used or months later when it's marked down in price, how much do you think these company's are generating in revenue? Yet again, Microsoft is still in the right... they're just a bit early. So, Sony won the crowd over because they took Microsoft's ideas & removed the restrictions.

Most of the "good" games are coming to both systems but they don't have too many decent lauch games for me to even care. This goes for WiiU also.

Nintendo seems to be sticking to this "family fun" & multiplayer formula for the WiiU minus games like ZombieU, some fighting games & Bayonetta 2 (which I'm sooooo excited for; it was long overdue). They made a smart move by launching their next gen console first because all the terrible launch games are over - now all the good games are coming out & just in time for the holiday's. Their strategy is impeccable (can you tell that I'm a Nintendo lover?). The only let downs I think I felt from Nintendo was the fact that they don't seem to have too many new games; everything is a reboot, sequel, or continuation in a series. I really wasn't expecting a new Zelda game (Skyward Sword just came out practically) but I was expecting... more? I don't know. I will say I'm excited for Super Smash Bros & I'll add this question: of all new characters, why is the WiiFit lady one? Lol, is she gonna crunch me to death?! I'm interested in learning more about her fighting style, she's been completely ignored with all the hype surrounding The Villager (whom I've been patiently waiting for; I mean, he was in the back of one of the Smash Bros. games... just watching & learning).

To conclude this very long blurb, I can't find myself caring too much about consoles - I'm more about the games. I'm excited for DOA5 Ultimate, Bayonetta 2, A Link Between World's, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Super Smash Bros., and Saints Row IV... I don't remember much else because E3 was pretty meh this year.

What games are you excited for? Are you a Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo fan? *Curveball* OR will this next gen drive you to becoming a PC Gamer? My boyfriend built his own gaming PC & will be making mine too; it's a loophole in the gaming world - buy games, torrent games, use the keyboard or gamepad and with the right videocard you can have the most fluid & pristine graphics you've ever seen.

Leave a comment! I really wanna know where everybody is headed now that everything has been revealed last week during E3.

No comments:

Post a Comment