top navigation

BED-freakin-BUGS

"Sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite."

Teehee. Cute.

You hear it, you process it, you ignore it.
You get told about them more than once throughout school in health/wellness classes but you still ignore it. You never heed the warnings... and then it happens.

Alright, alright.

Before I get into this story of panic and despair; let me say that, for the record, this would not have happened if I was more stern with my boyfriend. My boyfriend and I are nearing the end of our lease here in our first apartment together. We've been together for almost 2 years, but we've been in this apartment now for almost 9 full months! We've gone from no furniture to a comfortable amount of stuff. We've gone from eating snacks and ramen daily to actually buying groceries. It's been a real learning experience both on the relationship and financial sides.

With that being said, we decided that... we aren't quite ready for this lifestyle yet. We're very independent people and that level of independence is hard to tame, which makes it difficult to maintain things in a home where you need to be a team. We're both going back to college soon and we're both moving back in with our parents.

With only 2 weeks left in our apartment and today being his last day of work; it has been decided that we're going to have a sort of Bon Voyage/Going Away party. I was fine with this idea. I'm an introvert so... the actual idea of a party was a bit nerve wrecking for me but I thought he deserved it. These past months have been his biggest responsibility as a adult to date. He wasn't very good at it, but he tried. He also reassured me that, it's not like a party party, it's more like a get together consisting of friends, drinking, and gaming. Whatever. Fine.

Well, one day around last week he started complaining. He started complaining about not have enough things to please our guests. When I think of a going away party, I think of the guests bringing things to celebrate the person going away, not the other way around. We don't own a couch or chairs, never have. We spend most of our time in the bedroom and we have a few chairs around the dining room table. Never saw a need, never had guests. Most of the games we have are old games and if they're new, we got'em from Gamefly. Well, he basically told me that none of the things we already have is enough. Now, to me... I didn't see the big deal because... we  ARE moving. I don't see how anyone would expect us to have that much stuff in our home anyway because we need to be packed & ready to ship everything off. Days pass and he got over it. Until one day he noticed a couple throwing out a loveseat and a couch.

-PAUSE-
Now doesn't that already sound fishy?
-RESUME-

A day passed since the couple threw out the couch and then he decided that he needed to bring the loveseat in our home. I told him 'no' so many times that I actually started to get pissed off. It came from the garbage; nothing good ever comes from the garbage - that's why people put them there! But he wouldn't listen. Instead he tells me, "Dude. They're probably just like us - moving out and they didn't wanna have to get a U-Haul. It's fine. I only wanna use it for the party then we can throw it back out." I should have told him no from there but I didn't wanna see like some asshole; I've done enough dictating since we've moved in together. I shrugged it off and we used it on a few occasions with a covering over top of it.

Until today.

Today, my boyfriend brought his coworker/friend over to play League of Legends with him; I really hate having company because it requires me to clean & I have to look "presentable" when I'd rather just look like crap in bed, but I digress. My boyfriend told me I should play Devil May Cry since I just got it on Gamefly and haven't played much, so... I said sure. I mean, it's true - I haven't played past the 2nd level. I play the game for an hour while they're playing, then I play for about another 2 hours after they leave for work. I snuggle up on the couch with my blanket that has also been on the couch for a while and keep playing... until I feel this sort of itch behind my ear on my neck. I'm stretching my ears, so I thought it may have just been my taper tickling back there, but it started to annoy me so I touch the spot and I felt what I thought to be a scab. When I picked it off and looked at my finger, there lay a bedbug upside down with its legs kicking. I fucking threw it and controller so fast that my 360 controller disconnected! I could barely breathe from running into my bedroom! I laid on my bed and, literally, had a panic attack. 

I felt violated, disgusting, and completely scared. Those things carry diseases! I don't wanna die like this! I called my mom, my doctor, and my boyfriend. I went to the pharmacy and bought stuff and I've been sanitizing my skin since. I got bit or... it sucked my blood. It broke skin! I'm so nervous. I'm just hoping a rash doesn't form & there aren't more of them spreading. I got my boyfriend to come home during his lunch break to remove that infested, trashy ass couch out of here but I still don't feel safe.

So that was my day. How's your day been? Ever gotten attacked by a pest?

No comments:

Post a Comment